Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday 28 June 2009

What a week! I can't believe it's been a week since we started to ride out of Portsmouth, NH on the 21st! Today we rode about 75 miles from Indian Lake, NY to Boonville, NY. Before that we were in Silver Bay, NY where we stayed at the Silver Bay YMCA...and let me tell you, I've never seen a YMCA like that before. It was more like a resort than a gym. There were triathletes there, too, according to signs that said, "triathletes register here" etc. It was cool to ride in dressed in our Bike&Build jerseys, though. I felt so "professional" lol. Anyway, the last few days were hilly...very hilly. In Vermont we climed Bethle Mountain. That was difficult. Then, there were the Adirondacks. The slope was not as steep, but it was a constant 3% or so grade for miles and miles. Today, on the other hand, we rode out of the Adirondacks and it was a much easier day. Fun roads, flat, pretty wide shoulders. I wish I could post pictures...which I probaby could, but I don't want to hog the computer. Plus, we're watching "Breaking Away" I think, and I don't want to miss that. (We've got a projector to watch the film). Anyway...I'll probaby write again in a week or so. This is so much fun...the landscapes are beautiful. Our morning routine time is getting cut more and more each day...which is nice. Ok....until next time! laters

No comments:

Post a Comment