Tuesday, June 16, 2009

16 June 2009

Today I finally went on the 65+ mile ride that I had agreed to do before the trip starts. I rode a 33 mile loop...twice. I went up to Jacksonville, VT, then down 112 to Colrain, MA, and then took Adamsville Rd to Heath, MA, hit 8A to #9 Rd to home, repeat. It was actually nice, except that I had to use my "back-up" bike that does not have the nice ergonomic saddle on it. ouch! If you had not heard, my bike was in the shop (yes, I got it back today!) because the plastic barring on the bottom bracket was broken. So I had to wait for the part to arrive so that the mechanic could fix it. And not a moment too soon! Tomorrow I will drive to Bradley Airport to pick up the three people who will stay the night, and we will all be going up to Portsmouth together. I can't believe that in 48 hours, I will be there! hurray!

1 comment: