Monday, June 22, 2009

22 June 2009, riding day 2

So today we rode about 35 miles from Concord to New London, NH. Yesterday was about 65 miles from Portsmouth to Concord, NH. They were pretty nice, rolling hills and today had a couple climbs, but they weren't bad. I rode sweep with Julia from Iowa, and that was nice, we seem to have good "teamwork." Sweep is kind of fun because we could take our time. We just had to make sure we were coming in behind everyone else. There were a few snags today with people missing a couple of turns, but the were able to find their ways back to the queue sheet. Yay! I'm impressed because I would have back-tracked...if I was even able to figure out I missed the turn. Anyway, we saw some really beautiful sights. I'm still awed by New England even though I'm "used" to the sights and whatnot. The weather hasn't been the greatest, kinda rainy and dreary, but warm enough that it's not very uncomfortable. Today is laundry day, which makes everybody happy. We were also able to shower at the Colby-Sawyer college's sports facility. Again, everyone was very happy. Well, I'm using one of the computers at the Colby-Sawyer college library, and other people are waiting to use it, so I should go.
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abby, Just wanted to tell you we are all thinking about you here. I hope all is going well and you are enjoying yourself. Be well and have a safe trip. XO Kelle

    ReplyDelete