Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm officially one of the many B&B Alumni

So I can't believe it's over. This summer has been the best ever. Two days ago 29 young adults ran into the Pacific waters on the Vancouver shore to end their summer of biking and building across the US. Now, we are all slowly leaving, saying our goodbyes, and missing each other. I don't know about the rest, but I realized I have a small hollow feeling, like I'm not doing something that I should be doing. Oh yeah, getting up at 6am and bicycling or 7am and building my way across the country. I can't even put into words what this summer has meant to me...already just writing that I'm starting to get teary-eyed.
So, the 25th we got up a little later than usual...7:30am...and did a massive over-haul clean-up inventory session. We didn't start biking until 9:30 or 10am. Such a late start! We ended up riding most of the way together because we basically "wrote our own cue-sheet" by following a bike path most of the way from Surrey to Vancouver. It's cool though, we made it to Stanley Park by 2:30 I believe. Then it was crazy. We ran into the ocean and started yelling and singing. It was amazing. And now it's kind of sad because it's over.
Today, Theo, Julian, and I went on a bike ride to Stanley Park then North Vancouver where we had breakfast at Denny's, and then we ended up at this park with trails and a suspension bridge. We pushed our bikes across the bridge and several people said, "you should ride it!" lol It was a really great way to spend our last day in Vancouver. I'm already missing those guys and everyone else. I hope we all can stay in touch with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment