Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday March 29, 2009

It's starting to warm up! I've been out on my bike a few times now, and I love clip-less pedals. Yesterday, Saturday, I rode 11 miles. It was good. Stopped mid-way to do a blood-test, and it was a bit high (212 mg/dL) so I did a tiny correction and continued home. I only had about 3 more miles to go...all up hill though! Anyway, I'm so excited to be riding now.

In other news, I've already reached the half-way point in the fund-raising, well ahead of schedule, yay! Thanks to everyone who has donated and is supporting me. I would not be able to do this without you all. Really, I can't say it enough, thank you.

I will be holding a fundraiser on Sunday April 19, 2009 at the Rowe Elementary School (my old alma mater! lol) from 2-4pm. It is an "Afternoon Tea" where we will have tea and coffee and cocoa (though it might be too warm for cocoa), some games for entertainment, and a raffle. We're having some difficulty with getting the raffle items together, but I really just need to buckle down and get it done. However, we do have some nice items already for the raffle including an afghan knit by Eileen Lucas, a meal that will be prepared by Kelle Quist, a wooden-ware item carved by my mom (Deb Lively), and a half-quard of wood provided by my family. I think we just need a couple more items to have a good selection. I'm confident that it will be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment